Christmas is officially one week away today, are you ready?!
In honor of the holidays, Greatist selected their 20 favorite fitness-inspired gifts this Christmas season. We thought we’d share a few of our favorites from their list along with a few of our own with our readers who are still a little lost with their gift giving for their friends this holiday season. So here are our Top Picks for Last Minute Fitness-Inspired Gifts:
- Activity Tracker. This one may be a little more expensive than you are wanting to spend on just an acquaintance, but if you are still out on the hunt for a great gift for your fitness-loving spouse, sister, brother, or parent than an activity tracker is the perfect gift. It “monitors steps, distance and calories burned, then wirelessly syncs the stats to a computer or smartphone.” They can even go social by challenging friends, setting goals, and earning badges with this device. So better yet, why not get two, one for yourself and as a gift so you can challenge one another to stay fit!
- The Run Lock. This has got to be one of the coolest gadgets around when it comes to outdoor running. Greatist explains it as “the very best tool for…well, not getting the car stolen (or losing its keys).” Hate driving to a track or a hiking spot to have to store your car key in your bra or socks, who doesn’t? With the run lock you’ll set up your 4 digit code then simply “prop the car keys inside the tiny compartment and lock it on the car door handle while hitting the trails or track.” Just what the runner in your life needs!
- Headphones. We’ve mentioned before in How Important Is Your Fitness Music that music truly distracts one from their repetitive workout to help them to workout harder for longer. Have a fitness friend who has a hard time logging in the miles on that treadmill, help them to stay motivated with a brand new pair of headphones to help them get their mind off the workout itself.
- Yoga Mat. “Yoga mats are a perfect gift for those who don’t already have one” stated an article titled Last Minute Gift Ideas for Your Fitness Loving Friends. They also went on to explain how this is not only a gift for yogi’s but all fitness lovers alike as you can use it to save you from carpet burns while doing home workouts.
- Foam Roller. While many may wonder how in the world this pool noodle looking things could benefit anyone’s fitness routine, a foam roller really is a must for any fitness fanatic. The foam roller helps prevent muscle knots by rolling out tightness in your muscles after a good workout. NordicTrack foam roller is obviously one of our favorites as it is a 3-in-1 tool allowing different densities for different areas and also includes an instructional DVD. You’re friends or loved one will think you spoiled them, yet at only $30 it will only appear that way! Still not quite sure what it does, learn how to foam roll here.
- Shelf Laptop Holder. Have that friend that invested in that home treadmill but is not exactly getting as much use out of it as she may have originally planned?! Help keep her motivated with the convenient and economical laptop holder shelf that allows you to rest a laptop on top to occupy you while walking or running on your treadmill.