With it being Memorial Weekend we know many of you are going to be off enjoying those family and friend BBQ’s while soaking up the warm weather! We want you to make the most of it and really enjoy yourselves, but don’t let the holiday weekend derail all your hard fitness work thus far!
BBQ’s are filled with hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and dip, and potato salad, all of which are okay in moderation of course. Yet that is where the problem lies. Having a combination of all of these foods and even if you are able to limit yourself, can still lead to a bit of a calorie overdose.
Here are some tips to help you survive the Memorial BBQ’s this weekend, some of which I found off one of my favorite fitness ladies Bethenny Frankel’s site where you can find more info here:
- Eat a healthy snack before you head out. Fuel up before heading out so you’re not so starving you are forced into making bad decisions and eat the fatty hot dogs and hamburgers with a side of greasy potato chips.
- Start your day with a vigorous workout. Starting your day out right and positive with help you to make healthier decisions throughout the day. When you work out so hard in the morning you are more likely to not fuel up on junk food, not wanting to lose all that effort and hard work from the morning. Besides even if you do happen to take in a Memorial Day burger, it won’t be as damaging if you had not worked out at all.
- Grab the Smallest Plate. Grabbing the smallest plate you can find and feeling that will make you think you are eating more than if you were to have a bigger plate with the same amount of food. Mind over matter, your mind will think you have a lot of food just by seeing a full plate. And make sure to fill your plate with any healthy items first leaving little room for unhealthy, calorie-loaded temptations.
- Get a Fun Group Activity Going. Whether you are hosting the BBQ or are just attending you can find a fun game to get everyone up and moving. Like Bethenny suggests, you can play a game of volleyball. Or you can all play a game of Frisbee or my favorite, baggo! Just as long as you are up and moving it will help burn extra calories.
- Bring Your Own Healthy Side Dish. This ensures you’ll have at least healthy item to eat, but helps everyone else eat healthy as well.
BBQ’s don’t have to about just the food, they are a fun way to bond with family and friends too! You don’t have deny yourself everything and end up leaving unhappy and hungry, or they might not invite you back! Use these tips to help you leave satisfied with no guilt! Just remember to enjoy yourself and have fun with it! Even if you do overdue it a little, just make up for it Tuesday with this HIIT treadmill workout, you’ll be right back on that fitness track in no time!
HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND FROM NORDICTRACKCOUPONS.COM
Written By: Jentry